Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Life Lessons

Why is that learning some lessons is easier than learning others? It's easy to learn that if you touch a hot burner you will burn your hand, so don't do it again. Other lessons in life are much more difficult to learn. You've heard the definition of insanity a million times, I'm sure, but here it is again. Insanity is doing the same things over and over again expecting different results. Well, by definition, I am insane. I do (or in some cases don't do what I should do) the same things over and over again and get frustrated with myself when the results are the same. HELLO!!!! Wake up!!! If you want lasting change, you have to do what brings about lasting change. Lasting change doesn't come by your own strength, it comes from Christ and seeking Christ's face, digging into God's word and talking to him regularly. Why then do I seek God for some things and try unsuccessfully to do other things on my own and then get mad when it doesn't work. That's just plain stupidity! ;)
Today, I'm vowing to stop being stupid and insane! :)

2 comments:

mi*chelle said...

Is Eric's World anything like Wayne's World???

Eric said...

TOTALLY!!!!!